As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Next Level... Wednesday, August 14

The other week I had put it out there for people to know that my company, Empowered, will be accepting clothing donations year round.  Today someone dropped off a donation.  And it wasn't just someone and it wasn't just any donation.  It was from one of my fighters and it was boxes upon boxes of gently used clothes.  She had dropped them off while I was busy coaching one of my fighters and so when I opened the door to say goodbye there they were.

Now I have the fun of sorting it all out, a "problem" I feel more than blessed to have.

Honestly, I was so taken back by the donation that moments after I snapped that picture of me beside them, I started to get teary eyed.  The Lil' Sistas mean so much to me, they make me want to be a better person.  And in coaching them and planning more stuff for them, it's been really awesome to see who has stepped up to helping me out with them.  I currently have someone working on the admin paperwork with getting them a few used computers donated and one of fighters offered to help me deliver all these clothes to the two separate locations.  My rugby teammates have offered to be Big Sistas for my Girls Nite In idea I proposed to the Center of Hope and many of them have purchased hoodies or caps to help fund the Lil' Sistas Project.  

Things are going really good with the Lil' Sistas Project.  Now to make it better, make it awesome.

No comments: