As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, August 19, 2019

Running Free... Monday, August 21

My doctor said no boxing and no rugby so I interpreted it as nothing that could possibly touch my head, mess up my stitches.  So I went running tonight.  I got new earphones the other day and finally got a chance to try them out.

And speaking of running, this weekend I'm launching the "+1" to Acacia Sole Sistas +1.  The +1 is that now my female runners can bring a male runner to the team run.  Keep in mind that a guy can be a woman's plus one but he can't come alone.  Us women still rule the team, that is.  Let's not forget that.  But with many of my fighters and some interested female runners asking if they can bring their husband, boyfriend or friend, I thought why not.  

I've got a local chocolate company bringing a little sweet pre-run treat for all that show up for the first +1 run and I thinking about supplying a post-run snack of coffee and peanut butter grilled sandwiches with Fix and Fogg.  Not too sure yet.  It really depends on the numbers that sign up.

Follow Empowered Clubhouse on Facebook for more details.

No comments: