As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Today's Ponderings... Wednesday, August 21

No upcoming fight yet but I have a rugby tournament, a couple of photoshoots, and a speaking engagement.  I'm also launching my clothing line, plan is definitely before Christmas, so there's lots of the go.  Oh, and one of my Filipino friends from Canada is visiting September 1st so that's exciting. 

This weekend the Sole Sistas Running Team is adding a +1 so the men will be joining us, if a female runner invites them that is.  I am bringing a +1 and he's bringing chocolates so that's pretty sweet, literally.  Lots to plan for that especially considering I've never coached a large group of runners at one time but instead have done one-to-one run coaching.  And, to tell you the truth, I've hyped it up a lot and want to deliver them a decent workout but I'm really going to have to pick my brain on this one.  Word has it many of my rugby teammates from the Lady Mavericks are going to come out.  Very cool.

I hit the streets for a good run today but it was in the dead heat of the day, right before 2pm.  Today was the only day that's been sunny too, go figure.  I have to get in my runs though.  It's the best way to increase my endurance and easiest way to cut weight from my photoshoots. 

Am thinking about adding a new option to my fighters' training, a kind of train-with-Coach session where they'd sign up to train alongside me.  It'd basically mean they'd be shadowing me during my workout, so when I jump rope they jump rope and when I shadow box, you guessed it, they shadow box too.  I was thinking of offering it on one of the weekday nights.  Saturday would have been a good option if it weren't for my early morning Sole Sista runs and having either the Lil' Sistas boxing or rugby tournaments on Saturdays.  Sunday evening is another option I'm pondering.    

No comments: