As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, August 02, 2019

Vlogging Today... Friday, August 2

Filmed my next Vlog today, Vlog #24, an introduction to shadow boxing. 

Honestly, I don't really care to do Vlogging only because filming is okay and a lack of ideas isn't the issue, it's the editing that is super frustrating.  Right now my computer is super slow and the Internet in the Philippines, well, it's slower than slow, so uploading a 5 minute video turns into an all-day, all-night thing.  

"Something is better than nothing", I tell myself.  And so instead of trying to film different angles, get all detailed with my subject matter or re-filming parts, I am constantly reminding myself to just get it done.  I just need to throw content out there.  Personally, I don't really follow and particular Vloggers or Vlogs but I do prefer the less edited, more raw videos.  But they have to be short, under 7 minutes for sure, and that's what I try to do with mine.  I keep them somewhat raw, I don't add anything fancier than the occasional subtitle or description and then I try to keep them around the 7 minute mark. 

Do you watch my Vlogs?  Did I go over the 7 minute mark?

YouTube me -- DeadAimAmy

I'm more of an Instagram junkie though.  It's easy to throw content up there, super easy to keep it short, and I love, love, LOVE Instagram Stories.  I try to keep my Instagram feed all about boxing (training... so rugby too and weights) and my business. But my Instagram Stories, I tend to share more parts of me and my life, like moments at training and moments with my four-legged babies.  

If you have an idea or request for a particular Vlog though, feel free to leave a comment below.
Don't forget to follow me on YouTube and Instagram.  

No comments: