As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, September 06, 2019

Come Back Soon... Friday, September 6

Day Two of training without Coach Marcelo and it sucks.

I've only worked with two of the other coaches at Team Insider, both of which aren't there in the morning when I usually train.  There's a new coach there but with the regular coach being super busy juggling all his fighters and Coach Marcelo's, I figured I'd let him off the hook with also coaching me.  So I trained alone.  It's nice to train alone sometimes but I must admit I'm eager to get Coach Marcelo back here to do pads with me.  I'm coming off of my head injury with rugby and should be getting the go-ahead to spar soon so I'm super eager to step into the ring for that.  

For now, I train alone. 

I prefer to train at the club despite having my own club because I live at my clubhouse and coach there.  It's nice to get out of it for the change of scenery and for a bit of social interaction even if it's fist bumping my fighter friends as they walk out the club door. 

A fighter's life is a lonely life; I can vouch for that.  You really have to be comfortable with being alone and that's something that has taken me a long time to get used to.  I actually quite prefer it on most days.  

No comments: