As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, September 04, 2019

Facebook Status Update... Wednesday, September 4

Coming home from boxing, I had the coolest run in with an Angkas driver who remembered me from over 2.5yrs ago when I lived in Makati. He was a Grab driver back then and I was a starving athlete/poor entrepreneur, coaching for free and struggling to find a location for my business. Now I'm a sponsored athlete, my business is incorporated and I have my own clubhouse.

That was my Facebook status update.

I often think I'm not doing much, that I'm working hard but perhaps not working smart and not being as productive as I think I should, could or would.  But then something like this happens, when I get a glimpse of what I have done.  That glimpse came via an Angkas driver that picked me up today after boxing; a former Grab driver I once had back in the day.  A lot has happened since that initial drive and today's drive.  
I form and legalized my corporation, Empowered.
I tested out a business partner and then went back to being solo with my company.
Countless location hunting and investor meetings only to go solo and change my business model.
I started the Lil' Sistas Project.
Launched the actual physical location of my company.
Did a 6 month entrepreneurial program.
Coached some large scale workouts for different institutions and started doing speaking engagements.
Maxed out my clientele list and started a waiting list.
Extended my Lil' Sistas Project to include a Snail Mail Program with a boxing club in Canada.
...and that's all I could think of off the top of my head.

No comments: