As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, September 14, 2019

Finally Back to Fighting... Saturday, September 14

Yesterday the first sample of my Premium I Am glove arrived so today I took them to Team Insider to "test out".  I was simply "product testing" them, if anyone asks.  Yes, I was product testing them on Coach Marcelo's head, and face, and body... that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I arrived at the club super hyper and ultra pumped about being back in the ring sparring. 

I feel like every time I return to sparring something else happens or something comes up, like an injury or something with my business, for example, that means I can't spar again for a bit.  Most recently it was my rugby injury and then Coach Marcelo was off work because his girlfriend had a baby.  Both legit reasons why we couldn't spar, for sure, but none the less it didn't make it any less annoying or frustrating that I couldn't spar.

Sparring day today.  Four rounds.  Couldn't go too crazy.  I still haven't been reimbursed from my insurance company for covering the hospital bill for my stitches so I couldn't exactly afford to split them.  And wow, talk about added pressure -- the fear of splitting open my stitches to really motivate me to move my head more during sparring.

No pressure... oh gosh no.  (Said it the most sarcastic voice here!)

Usually I don't go to the boxing club on Saturday but today I made an exception.  I needed to test out my new gloves.  And what awesome new gloves they are.  Best decision ever for my Slay line to take on China and Hong Kong.  Very pleased with that!!!

No comments: