As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, September 13, 2019

Juggling Texts is My Thang... Friday, September 13

You know when you watch a little kid run, sometimes they run so fast their legs can't keep up with their body.  Their body goes forward, their legs struggle to keep up, and ultimately what happens is they last for maybe a few more steps and then they crash.

I feel like these days I'm that little kid.  Running fast but my legs just can't keep up.

I'm waiting for the crash.

I juggled business dealings and business conversations with 21 people in 8 different countries.

  1. Canada
  2. Korea
  3. Pakistan
  4. The Philippines
  5. The States
  6. Honk Kong 
  7. China
  8. France
From suppliers to sponsors, manufacturers to clients, I juggled numerous conversations at once.

Dear People of the Universe, don't call me.  On any given day I'm juggling at least a few conversations in various countries so I can't and I won't take your call.  

I DON'T DO PHONE CONVERSATIONS!!!

I feel like at this point in the game, I can't.  Phone conversations straw into casual conversations, with rambling about this and that, and quite honestly I don't have the time nor the undivided focus to entertain such a conversation.  I can however handle numerous conversations via text.  Text messages are to the point.  No business contacting me via text rambles on about the weather or asks what I'm up to.  No, hell no.  Texts are to the point.  

I am a text message junkie but a vegan phone conversationalist.

No comments: