As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Moving Forward... Tuesday, September 10

You know what feels great as a coach, coaching those who want to train.  I mean, those who actually want to train and want to reap the benefits of hard training.  Those who DESERVE to reap the benefits.  

I may be one of the only coaches who fires clients but I'm coming close to firing one more.

Perhaps a couple more, correction here. 

Clients don't really want to do the hard training, I get that, but they want the results and I have a couple that complain about the lack of results and their increasing interest in "fast fixes".  I don't support fast fixes and aren't we all educated enough to know that nothing good comes easy and nothing easy is good?!  Isn't this common sense?  I mean, we live in 2019.  Our parents and grandparents were the ones who tried and tested the fads.  Didn't we learn from their mistakes?

I know a couple of my clients are inconsistent with their training but consistent on trying this and that that are rather harmful for their health.  And regardless of the advice I've given them, they apparently think they know better and have continued to venture down dangerous paths of fad diets, diet pills, extended juicing and etc.  

I cannot help someone that is not willing to let me help them.

My fighters' health status, fitness level and results (or lack there of them) are a reflection of my time and efforts with them.  So with them self-sabotaging themselves, they are ultimately sabotaging my services too.

I don't do what I do, coach, for the pay check.  Hell, I don't even get a pay check, to tell you the truth.  All the money I make goes back into building my business and outreach program with the Lil' Sistas.  So clearly I'm not in it for the money.  I'm in it because I love coaching, I love boxing and weight training, and I love helping people become stronger, healthier and ultimately happier.  

This week I'll be offering to take on another client or two because I'm a little done with a couple.

No comments: