As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, September 05, 2019

Not Intimidated, just Annoyed... Thursday, September 5

I was asked the day off the event to go to an event tonight -- a gym's grand opening.

I won't go into the details of my opinion here but will say although I did have plans tonight, a previous day's plans that I had to change to tonight actually, I refrained from attending the event because I felt it was a conflict of interest... a "conflict of interest", yes, most definitely.

I suspect the random messages from people are going to continue into the weekend.

I appreciate everyone's concerns and them looking out for me but it's really not necessary.  For me to feel threatened by the use of a similar name would mean I'd have to discredit my own value.  I don't know their business model or even why they called it why they did, but I know why I called my business what I did.  It took me well over 35 years to finally get to the point in my life where I could take ownership of it and really become me, more of me.  

I am empowered and I am Empowered.

Those who know me and know parts of my story, know it all to be so bang on true.

I'm not hating on this other place but I'm just not participating either.

I wish them good luck and those that know me know how I feel about good luck.  I wish them it.  

No comments: