As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, September 12, 2019

Skin Care... Thursday, September 12

Going from being super sweaty at boxing to jumping on an Angkas and zooming home, it's killing my skin.  Not only is my face nasty dirty from the boxing club but then all the pollution from the ride home mixed with whatever my skin is picking up from using the Angkas helmets, yeah... gross.  Consequently, my skin has been breaking out around my hair line.

Needing some go-to skin routine stuff.  Any suggestions?

I asked on my Instagram story but people answered with sunscreen.   Perhaps I should have been more specific.  I'm needing a go-to skin routine for keeping my skin clean and refreshed.  

Back when I lived in Korea, my Korean friends and my ex (ex's) were all about the skin treatment.  Koreans really know how to deal with any and every skin problem and consequently, despite the mad pollution, their skin is always super fresh looking and flawless.  I picked up some stuff at a Korean beauty store here but, to tell you the truth, I just randomly got stuff.  Am still clueless about what is emulsion and toner and which goes first.  I just pretty much slap it on my face after I shower or when I wash my face.  There's no real routine.  Sometimes I put both.  Most times I just take which ever one my hand goes to first.  

So bad, I know. 

I figure I'm not at that age anymore where I can just wing skin care.  I should pay attention to it.

Consider today Day One at doing that, paying attention to my skin.

No comments: