As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, October 18, 2019

A Possible Fourth... Friday, October 18

A relatively innocent inquiry about a particular dog and next thing I knew I was almost committed to her.

I've been having "baby fever" but for another four legged baby, a dog, but not a puppy, an adult dog.  I really miss having big dogs around me and while I love my 3 little doggies to bites and pieces, I can't simply go jogging with them.  Cassius can't keep up, Rousey would die from breathing problems and Balboa, well, he could keep up but only because he's the most stubborn boy you'll ever meet and he'd keep up just for the sake of not giving in and giving up.  

I want a dog I can run with.

And on that note, I've been following a few Instagram pages and one page I really like is PetnPals.  They sometimes feature dogs up for adoption on other IG pages and a while ago I saw this one post they did about a female dog from Hound Haven.  Her name is Grace and she's a retired Explosive Detection Dog. 

[You can stop right here to read that again and say "holy badass" after it!!!]

She's a beautiful 3yr old Belgium Malinios, which the usual security dogs you see here at mall entrances, etc., in the Philippines but she is much smaller than usual. 

One problem though, well two actually, I don't know if she'll click with my four-legged crew here and Balboa and Cassius are still not really seeing eye-to-eye about who is the alpha dog so I don't know if it's appropriate to add in a fourth dog just yet.  I reached out to PetNPal and Hound Haven and asked if they do fostering.  I figure that if I foster her first, it'd give me the chance to see if she even clicks with my babies before I fully commit.  

Quick question, can you rename a dog, even if it's 3 years old?!

I renamed Rousey but her original name was Rosey so it wasn't such a big name change. 

If I could foster Grace and could rename her, what is something that's close to her original name?  Almost all my dogs are named after fighters so I'd like to keep that in check.

Pyen Chi, Hulk Jr., Pacquiao, Balboa, Rousey, Cassius... Grace?!

No comments: