As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, October 01, 2019

Fuelled by the Bad?!... Tuesday, October 1

It's official... at 2:54pm, I officially am registered to beat "those" 2 cute, little Filipina's in the Spartan Beast -- Sunday, October 27th.

I can't reveal who "those" two Filipinas are but I have beef to pick with them and I plan to do it by proving I am the better athlete, the REAL athlete, and not just some cute girl in spandex and pearly white teeth... [cough, cough... like them... cough].  

#meangirlmoment

Now I'm not hating on those who milk the pretty card but don't play that card with me and think it 
a. gets you out of being disrespectful
b. earns you respect as an athlete

I'm a girl... a woman... so you being pretty and batting your lashes doesn't work for me, nor does the lack of women competing in an event and you basically winning by default.  Let me give you some REAL competition, alright?!  Alright.

Ya... definitely too many mean girl moments here.  Sorry I'm not sorry.

I've never competed in a Spartan event nor have I even trained for something like this.  But it's a 21km race with 30 obstacles so I'm banking on me being a long distance runner than I can make up for my overkill on the time with the obstacles with the running from obstacle to obstacle.  

My first sport is actually running.  I am a long distance runner so running is originally my thing. 

I'm way too competitive, I know, and maybe I've had way too many mean girl moments thinking about this.  I think I actually wrote about this in an early post, too... possibly.  Anyways, it's fuelling me for this event so I'm just going to go with it.  God knows I need some kind of goal or focus to drive me with continually training hard and eating clean.

No comments: