As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, October 09, 2019

Nursing a Tackling Injury... Wednesday, October 9

No rugby tonight on account of just how mashed up my knee is from tackling on Monday.  I've got quite the chunk of skin missing and it's super nasty.  Ooze is on an all time high and it just doesn't seem to be scabbing over.   I did however get into boxing though, in the morning.  My knee is a bit tight, the skin that is because of the healing process, but for the most part it seemed okay.  I just can't touch it; it's super sensitive to the touch.  Everything was going all fine and dainty until I pretended to kick Coach Marcelo right at the end of training and ended up getting elbowed in the knee.  

I swear I could have puked at just how painful it was.  Ouch!!!

I have a rugby tournament not this weekend but next and tonight at training with the Lady Volcanoes I'm suppose to be participating in a team tournament, but I need to rest my knee and get it heeled up.  Heeled up enough so that I can play next weekend.


UPCOMING EVENTS FOR ME:

Saturday, October 12
Touch of Love Art Exhibit with the Voice of the Free

Saturday, October 19
Lady Mavericks rugby tournament in Cavite

Friday, October 25
Photoshoot/Vlogging Day with the Six Pack Chef

Saturday, October 26
Empowered speech presentation with PSG Global Solutions
Boxing with the Lil' Sistas at the Center of Hope

Sunday, October 27
Spartan competition -- The Beast

No comments: