As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, October 19, 2019

One for the Books... Saturday, October 19

It was Game Day today for us Lady Mavericks.  It was the final leg of the 3 part rugby 7's series so it was on the line; pressure was on us to win this so that we could possibly win it all.

Mavs vs Nomads -- 24:12
Mavs vs Dragons -- 29:10
Mavs vs Chiefs -- 27:4
Mavs vs Eagles -- 29:0

And just like that we DID win it all.

Honestly, I had my doubts about playing the Eagles because almost all of their players are on the national team, the Lady Volcanoes, or are on the national training squad, like me.  Their captain, Ace, is also the captain of the national team, so you know it's lead by a super solid player.  That's not to disrespect my team's captain, hell no, but to be the captain of the national team.  Wow, that's next level.  I'd like to think my captain could give her a run for her money, for sure.

Anyways, we won the entire tournament and the series too, to become the series champs and the overall champion.  One question though, when is the victory party?!  

Game Day always gives me a lot of anxiety but so does training with the national team.  The big difference though is that I perform so much better under pressure during a game than I do when the pressure is on during training.  During training, it just makes me flustered and frustrated.  But during a game, it makes me hyper focused and super alert.  I had such anxiety today that I couldn't even finish my breakfast and I ate but only an apple, a cookie and half a protein shake the entire day I was there at the tournament.  I can't eat when I'm anxious or stressed.  Don't get me wrong though, I came home and was ultra hungry.  Bring on the food!

No comments: