As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, October 05, 2019

Taking the Beats... Saturday, October 5

Small team training.
Sparring.
Review of Baa Baa Black Sheep designs.

Three things.  Three main things to do today and it took a total of 7 hours to complete. 

Stepping into the ring today, I had six rounds of sparring.  But 24 seconds into the first round I got head butted.  I stepped back to kind of shake it off and, when I went to do so, I rolled my already super agitated ankle.  Great, just great.  I knew it'd be a long, rough and tough sparring session.  

A couple of liver shots thrown by me, a few low blows given by him, and then us getting perhaps too intense and falling out of the ring together.  It was a wild sparring session I should say but it was a good one.  The endorphins were on an all time high and even though both Coach Marcelo and I were exhausted from the session, others jumping into the ring to spar after only kept us fuelled to continue with our training.  I don't often see Coach Marcelo training, he's always busy juggling coaching a few fighters, but today after our sparring he went and did bag work and then did some weights.  I did bag work also, and weights too. 

I came home soaked to the bone from boxing and then I inhaled my food before it was even done cooking, before I could even figure out what the heck it was I was eating.  

Every one used to ask me when my next fight is and now they don't really.  Too much time has lapsed for people to be really curious anymore.  It doesn't mean I'm not itching for a fight any less though.  Plan this week, approached every and any match maker I know and get them to put me on their next card.  I've got blue balls for a boxing.  Put me in the ring.

No comments: