As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, October 08, 2019

The Empowered Poster Child... Tuesday, October 8

I have a particular fighter whom I've been training for over a year now and she is surely the poster child of what the perfect personal training client is.  She's always early, she comes prepared, and she doesn't give anything less than 100% effort and attention.  Oh, and she absolutely KILLED the competition in my plank challenge this past month.

Of course she did, because she's badass awesome like that.

Today she surprised me with coffee -- a French press full of fresh coffee AND steamed milk.

It's been great coaching her because along with coaching her, I've come to know her family.  Her little baby is now a little man-in-the-making and her daughter is my assistant for when I go coach the Lil' Sistas at the Center of Hope.  I also bounce a lot of my ideas about my business and whatnot around with her so it's always great to pick her brain while I'm making her sweat it out at training.  Sometimes I think I work up more of a sweat than her though and I have to laugh.  Doing padwork with her is next level.  I'm impressed and very proud of her.

No comments: