As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

A Lot of Background Work... Tuesday, November 12

Things to plan for the Lil' Sista Christmas:
  • Confirm the times for the two Christmas parties.
  • Make event page on Facebook.
  • Inquire about donations for snacks, juice, and prizes.
  • Prepare the party games.
  • Organize who is doing which game and which prize goes with them.
  • Request volunteers for both parties.
  • Confirm the Lil' Sistas Christmas Wish Lists.
  • Plan of attack for the Wish Lists items to be checked off and delivered. 
  • Organize a main item donation.
  • Figure out the banking and PayPal info for financial donations.
  • Order the party cakes.
  • Purchase and organize the Christmas cards.
  • Figure out transportation for the volunteers and party supplies.
  • Prepare a party day itinerary. 


I'll be hosting two parties for the two groups of Lil' Sistas that I coach so it'll be twice the work and a lot of organizing.  I'm banking on the idea that I'll have ample volunteers to pick from and that people will really be proactive with helping attack and conquer the items on the Wish Lists.

It's a lot of positive thinking and feel-good vibes that are going into the overdose of prep work needed for this Christmas with the idea being that once it's done with, I'll then get to travel to Canada to celebrate a much needed, carefree holiday with my friends and family.

Well, that's the plan.  Still no ticket to Canada and I can't picture myself not working every day.

No comments: