As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Definitely a First... Tuesday, December 31

I finally got to meet up with some good friends I've waited years, literally, to see.  One of them has a pretty serious girlfriend, something very new and exciting, another friend actually had brain surgery this year, and our other friend is his partner so she's had to deal with this massive life changing situation, too.

It's been a big year for all of us and today we finally got to catch up.

I didn't ask my friend about his brain surgery, I'm sure having to go through it was enough trauma, but he seems to be doing really well and I've asked our common friends about it.  That's crazy though.  I mean he had brain surgery.  I sat across from him at dinner tonight.  He now has a shaved head and I could see the massive scar where they cut open his head to operate on him.  It's quite the crazy scar but it comes with such a story of survival and bravery.  I'm sure my friend, his partner, was devastated so to see them tonight, all smiley and happy, it was such a great way to end the year.

As for the rest of the evening...

I also got to ring in the new year with some other friends and then together we went dancing.

Did something already this year that I've never done in my life but that's my secret... hahaha.  Take a guess and if you get it right I'll admit to it.


No comments: