As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, December 05, 2019

For the Love of Ink... Thursday, December 5

I was raised to believe your body is a temple, it is to be respected and treated well. And while I agree and my excellent health is a true testimony to that, who has ever been to a church that doesn't have posters or decorations up?!
Exactly.

Today I got one of my tattoos touched up because I know there will be no hiding this one from my father when I go to Canada. I'm about to have a lot of explaining to do,... yikes.

The truth is though I have 7 tattoos.
  1. Lion's paw print -- my zodiac sign.
  2. "Better than yesterday" -- the motto of the first boxing club I made, Hulk's, in Cheonan, South Korea.
  3. Cherry blossom tree -- it represents a very pivotal moment in my life where everything changed.
  4. "고향" -- translation is "home land".
  5. 2 Corinthians 5:6 -- a significant verse to me.
  6. "All of your perfect imperfections" -- the start of my personal journey to empowerment and acceptance of myself.
  7. Dandelion -- a reminder to never stop wishing or growing. The 5 seeds represent certain family members.
Shout outs here to my tattoo artist Kean at Good Hand Tattoo for making my tattoo pop again because, hey if I'm going to get in trouble then I may as well make it look extra good and get in trouble for something worth it!!!

No comments: