As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, January 07, 2020

Back in the PH... Tuesday, January 6

I lost a full day in the air and ultimately 15 days of coaching with this "vacation", and now I'm back.  Tomorrow I resume my crazy, busy life of coaching my fighters and training.  But today, I prepare for it all. 

...and workout... just a light weight training, sweat sesh.

Thankfully I was able to get my dogs' trainer to drop off all 4 of my four-legged babies at my house.  It was a happy reunion but I'm skeptical as to whether or not they'll remain this happy.  You see, Balboa and Cassius don't get along.  Cassius is the baby boy and Balboa is the old boy but Cassius won't submit and let Balboa be the alpha.  Cassius is "too empowered" as my fighters joke.  Maybe there's more truth in their joke than I know it because the two fight as if to purposely draw blood so when I say it's bad, it's bad.  And it is bad, or at least it was bad before I dropped them off at the trainer and then headed off to Canada. 

Starting this year off with some short, weak posts.  Sorry I'm not sorry.  Just trying to catch up with work and get going on 2020.  Bigger things on my plate and hoping to transition to my "Coach Amy" site soon.  Daily blog entries is a bit rough sometimes, not going to lie.

No comments: