As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, January 11, 2020

BDay Celebration... Saturday, January 11

Today we celebrated Balboa's 9th birthday with the traditional way I've always celebrated it -- pizza party with the four-legged babies.  I used to wonder if Snickers in Korea continued our birthday tradition with Pyen Chi and Pacquiao in Korea but I no longer wonder.  He used to keep up with wishing Balboa a happy birthday and he'd remind me whenever the other dogs' birthdays were approaching but now he doesn't.  My dogs here have a good life, my dogs in Korea used to have a great life.  There's nothing I can do about it though.  Pac is too wild to live here and Pyen Chi needs a backyard with lots of room for her to run in.  The two are best situated in Korea, I know this, but now they don't get the attention, hugs and kisses like they used to when I was living with them.

But anyways...

This time last week I was dolled up, dancing it up in a club on the other side of the planet and now, this week, I'm here supervising the eating of pizza.  Am making sure all my little doggies get some but steal each others.

I feel so domesticated.  Kind of, sort of, a little.

Haven't officially been back in the Philippines for one full week just yet but it's feeling good to be back and it's going to feel even better when my schedule resumes.  Just waiting for some of my fighters to return from Christmas vacation and all the New Year Resolutioners to make up their mind and start to work on their resolutions.

No comments: