As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, January 01, 2020

Rethinking This... Wednesday, January 1

Not exactly a great start to the year.  It started off rough and uncomfortable and I didn't end up get around to writing my New Year's Resolutions.  I'll do it tomorrow.

Had some dirty carbs today, too.  I'm still on vacation so no worries.

I've been on vacation for about a week and a half now, almost, and I've been pretty good with not eating so bad.  If anything, I've been under eating.  Everything is so expensive here and most of our money is going towards traveling in and out of the city to see family and friends.  So money for food has taken a back burner.  I've been pretty consistent with making sure I get a solid breakfast every morning and then I kind of just snack the rest of the day.  It's way too expensive to get in another meal outside of the house.  The average meal here costs what my entire day's worth of meals and snacks would in the Philippines.  And the GO Train and bus, don't even get me started.  I try to walk every where I need to go.  

I make good money in the Philippines but I make pesos and good money there is basic salary here.  Through in the fact that while I'm spending money here I'm not making money in the Philippines, and yeah, it's like spending twice the money.  It hurts. 

Note to self, don't visit again at Christmas. 

The weather is bonkers.
Prices are inflated.
There are lines and crowds everywhere.
Family put extra pressure on you to visit them.
Friends are also on vacation so your schedule will be packed.

Best time to visit, I figure it's either late spring or early fall.  When there isn't any holidays and everyone is in a regular schedule.  

No comments: