As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Sunday, July 30

1. Ventured out to Asan with Ryan to pick up his daddy’s van from his brother (and yes, Ryan says daddy). So, this meant I got to meet Ryan’s brother, Byung-Hyun. He was so sweet and so I felt kind of silly after for being so nervous to meet him.

2. Went to the zoo at Seoul Grand Park with Ryan and saw lions and tigers and bears… oh my!

3. Did lots of “ohhhing” and “ahhhhing” at the dolphin water show. It was pretty cool and I was really impressed!
4. Found it interesting to note just how different the zoo is to me now that I'm older. Started to really think about animal rights issues... wow, too deep I know. Really wish they had built bigger cages though. And as for the dude who was spraying the crocodile with water, he'd be the first person I'd give the animals rights to eat! Ha, ha, ha.

5. Was really excited to see all the monkeys... they were everywhere! Didn't think Mr. Cranky Pants Monkey was too cool though. I approached his cage and said hi, apparently he thought it was funny to shake the cage suddenly and so it spooked me.

6. Ryan and I got rather frustrated with the numerous ignorant zoo goers who feed junk food to various animals. I found it interesting to note how so many people thought patotoe chips and cookies were apart of the animals' diets. Seriously thought this one dude was going to learn a hard lesson when he insisted on teasing the raccoons with some crackers. Had they been Canadian raccoons, he'd be missing some fingers as a result!

7. Caught an extra animal show for free... mind ya, I now feel like a pervert. While standing looking at the lions I clued in to what the one lion was doing to the other. So much for being the King of the Jungle, I felt sorry for him. Get a room!

8. Went for a romantic ride on the sky lift carts. It was just me, Ryan, a beautiful scenic view and no one to bother us as we traveled along the cable.

9. Well, we didn't get around to see all that Seoul Grand Park has but we'll be back. We came for the zoo today but we'll definitely have to come back to see the amusement park and petting zoo.
10. A quick stop into Costco for a view things left us with very little money for the highway toll booths. Stocked up on granula, granula bars, peanut butter and other goodies. Yummy!

QUESTION OF THE DAY…
Do you think us humans really evolved from that silly monkey?

QUOTE OF THE DAY…
Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
-- George Eliot

1 comment:

Beloved said...

What a coincidence--SG and I just went to a zoo (Parc Safari) in your fabulous country.

I was really upset with people throwing snacks at the bears there, too. Unfortunately, the bears have been corrupted and love the stuff, prompting people to want to throw it, rather than proper bear food. Sigh.