As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Today's Weather: Showers of Shells from the North... Tuesday, November 23

At 2:34pm today Kim Jong Il decided to bombard South Korea by launching 170 artillery shells onto South Korean marine bases and civilian areas on the South Korean island of Yeonpyeong Island in the West Sea. The South then fired back, launching 80 shells from K9 self-propelled howitzers [small canons] thirteen minutes after the North initially opened fired. It’s been reported that two marines and two civilians have been killed, and 18 have been wounded.

Today’s crazy turn of events has been labeled as the “fieriest attack since the Korean War”. With an estimated 28,000 American soldiers stationed in Korea, mixed with the already high Korean army numbers and the unpredictable behavior of Kim Jong Il, it was rather unsettling to hear the South Korean President Lee Myung Bak tell reporters today that “enormous retaliation is going to be necessary to make North Korea incapable of provoking us again.”

Needless to say, I think pretty much everyone today in South Korea was glued to the news today.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Why can't we all just get along?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Make love, not war.
-- the motto of the hippies

No comments: