As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, December 04, 2010

I initally was going to write that this was my home away from home but then I started thinking, isn't Ggum Guum in Korea my home away from home (Canada) or is Canada now my home away from home (Ggum Guum), so would this make UP Boxing Club my home away from my home away from home?!... how confusing is that... hahaha.

And just for kicks, here's me posing off for the camera. I call this my superhuman, super hero pose cause when I'm at boxing, training like an animal in my second skin clothes and pounding away at the heavy bag, I do in fact feel superhuman.

To infinity and beyond... hahaha.

2 comments:

BoyToy said...

Super Hero Pose?!
Where is our Cape!?

권투선수 에이미 [Amy] said...

Hey BoyToy,
Hahaha... I'm the new generation of super heroes... we don't need capes... hahaha.