As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Weigh-In Day... Friday, December 17

Can't really write much right now, it's been a busy day and I want to get in some chillaxing before the day is totally over and done with, so here's a brief recap of my day.

Woke up thinking I'd be underweight after last night's midnight run in which I loaded up my wrists with wrist weights and wore extra layers. No such luck though. Woke up and I weighed 48.8kgs... 0.3kgs over the required weigh-in, so there went my hopes of eating my protein-packed pancake. Instead, I had to gear up and head over to one of the local health clubs to sweat it out on the treadmill. I ran for thirty minutes on an empty stomach... not fun and definitely not easy!!!

Finally it was time to go. Weigh-in was at 2pm so we had to jump on the train to Seoul, transfer to the subway, all the while my tummy was moaning and groaning. Snickers did his best to cheer me up but I felt so faint and annoyed at struggling to make the weigh-in.

I was one of the first to weigh-in and despite weighing-in at 48.6kgs they let that extra 0.1kg slide which was pretty sweet mind ya I would have made it no problem if I had stripped down to my panties and bra.

Met my opponent, a super slender gal that I'm sure had no problem what so ever getting down to game weight.

After weigh-in I was allowed to eat so for my first meal I had brought with me an apple, some homemade almond butter and milk. I tell ya, that milk tasted like heaven in my mouth. Snickers looked at me and he knew better not to ask if I'd share it... hahahaha.

Arrived back in Cheonan with still a list of things to do, one of which was getting my hair braided.

It's not 9:46pm and the only thing I want to do right now is pop in the DVD I rented and watch it with Snickers. Tomorrow we've got a two hour train ride out to the game location. I'm feeling good, feeling confident, am stoked about my fight, and am super curious as to how much I'll weigh-in at tomorrow morning... hahaha.

1 comment:

crashcourse said...

Hi Amy,
I'm so glad you made weight and I admire your determination. Thanks for posting those pictures. I'm of course rooting for you and your opponent does look slender for sure. Keep those jabs constant with her and I'm sure you'll do fine. I like the last picture of you with your dukes up. You look ready to go. I'm pulling for you 100% that's for sure.

Beth