As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, January 08, 2011

Girls Only... Saturday, January 8

Snickers headed off out of town today for a friends' wedding. I opted out in going for the very fact that he was sleeping over and having a kind of boys-only night, which meant they'd probably be playing pool and hitting the arcade.

I envy him. I want an all-girls night!

What I’d really love to have is two or three really close female friends, preferably Korean. Three or four close female friends here that are all equally close to each other. I’m not a particularly girly-girl by any means but I’d love to have a girls weekend with “my girls”. A perfect girls weekend would be racing around downtown on our scooters. We’d make some kind of silly music video where upon we’d test out and tease each other for our retardedly silly but oh so funny dance moves. Weather permitting, we’d either head outside for a friendly game of snow soccer or badminton, or we’d head inside for a couple of money-betting rounds of air hockey. Loser would have to cook supper for the rest of us and then we’d stay up all night watching movies that scare the heck out of us.

Yup, I want the “Sex and the City” girl group. I would be Carrie, Lady Lollipop would be my Samantha, Cheeto Girl would be my Miranda, and both Calli Lily and Cherry Pie would be my Charolette. Only two problems one being that none of them know each other and the other being that they’re all scattered in Korea. Cheeto Girl is the only one here in Cheonan. Calli Lily moved out of Cheonan this past month and is like three hours away. Cherry Pie moved out of Cheonan a while back and hasn’t been back since and Lady Lollipop is quite the social butterfly out in Seoul so meeting up with her is next to impossible.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Do you have such a girl group?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Go through your phone book, call people and ask them to drive you to the airport. The ones who will drive you are your true friends. The rest aren't bad people; they're just acquaintances.
-- Jay Leno

No comments: