As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Still nursing an injuried left wrist so I'm still sporting a very uncomfortable wrist brace.

I thought wearing a wrist brace would get me out of dish-duty and other household chores but that was a no-go. Snickers is quite aware that though my brace leaves me functionally like a stiff-Polack it's very easy to take off. He also knows that boredom kicks me into cleaning mode and I already hate having a dirty house in addition to it being extra annoying when I'm bored, so wait a little and off I'll chuck that brace to clean.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's sooo strange, tryin'to imagine you calm and quiet with that stuff on your wrist.. It's because you are always doing a lot, running, fighting, kickin',and so on..that's why it'd be kinda crazy imagining you, sat on the rocking chair and "knittin' the sock"!
Hahaha, here's just my irony, I am kidding :))
A lot of hugs for you dear, take a good care of yourself now..really!
Love ya!

FAbi

Eleonora said...

How did that happen? Ouch, it must hurt :(

By the way, I really like your blog. I also write about Korea here: http://ellacino.blogspot.com/
I would appreciate if you follow/leave comments regarding the posts or the blog itself.

Thank you ~

... and I'm gone reading other posts of yours. They are so fascinating!

crashcourse said...

Amy,
I hope your arm is healing ok. Just take it easy for a while. :)

Beth

권투선수 에이미 [Amy] said...

Hey Fabi,
Trust me, not being able to go boxing IS driving me mental. Daily random wrestling with Snickers continues to occur despite me being in a hand brace. Mind ya, I must admit I occassionally pull the "careful of my wrist" move by where I tell him I'm in pain so that he stops and I then pull a cheap move on him... hahaha.

Hi Eleonora,
I hurt my wrist a while back, it was an ongoing situation that I ignored because of training for a fight. I'm hoping to go in for a check-up this week or next, to see if the cartilage is starting to grow back.
I'll be sure to check out your homepage, thanks ;)

Yo Beth,
Thanks girl... it is but it's frustrating to have Snickers head off to boxing every day without me!!!