As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Catch the Hype... Thursday, February 24

Headed out to Seoul... again for like the hundredth time. Today marked the last day of three consecutive days of the boxing tournament and both the Cheonan Bulldog and the Heavy Hitter from my boxing club were fighting in round two.
Snickers and I arrived just as the Cheonan Bulldog was stepping into the ring for his fight so we literally threw our stuff down and ran to his corner.

The fights for this tournament are all four rounds but yikes did the boxers take a beating. The Cheonan Bulldog won his fight and because he's won all his fights in his professional boxing career to date, today he scored a lot of media attention and coverage.

As for the Heavy Hitter, he scored quite the amazing win when with about ten seconds left to the first round he landed a brutal punch and sent his opponent crashing. It was a win by knock out in the first round!!!

Needless to say, the energy that came with both our fighters winning their fights was insanely high and gave us all a rush. Junior Mint drove both fighters back to Cheonan while Snickers and I followed in our car but even being in separate cars couldn't block the excitement of today. On the highway we hooked our horns continuously and yelled out our windows; it was hilarious.
QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What gives you a natural high?
QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Love the moment, and the energy of that moment will spread beyond all boundaries.
-- Corita Kent

No comments: