As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

After all their hardcore training and insane dieting to maintain their weight for the tournament, it was only appropriate that we take them out and let them pig out on food.

March 11th marks round three for the tournament, with the finals being on March 27th. I really don't understand this cause if you think about it, logically it doesn't make sense. According to KBC's rules, a fighter can't schedule two fights so close to each other, meaning you have to have at least a month in between. But, according to the set up of this tournament, if you win all your fights, you'll be fighting FOUR fights in ONE MONTH... the first two being only a day apart too!
Not sure how the try to justify not protecting it's fighters but at an insulting $200 a fight and the final fight just being a little higher in money, today I felt so disgusted with KBC.
Most Korean boxers can't afford to do only boxing as a career. Not only is it hard to be taken seriously within society here but it's brutally hard for them to get sponsored and the fight money basically just covers their traveling and hotel expenses, and a meal out after with their coach... damn!!!

No comments: