As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Don't Scratch It... Friday, February 11

Discovered a patch of very irritated skin on the small of Snickers' back and within literally a minute or two this small patch of skin became bigger. It started off looking like a massive mosquito bite but then the raised skin becomes bigger in size, pinker in color and more itchier. Within ten minutes it spread to other parts of his body -- his wrists, the inside of his leg, his shoulder blade, and a bit on his neck.

It wasn't the first time I've seen this. He experiences this once a year, it lasts a couple of days but the doctor's have yet to explain what it really is. The last time he got this it was right before we got married, so I thought he was just having gitters, cold feet.
Ending up rushing him to the hospital where they gave him a shot in the bum of what I assume is extra vitamins and then sent him home with a baggie of prescribed pills.
So much for any kind of plans for the rest of my day... am busy babying my baby.

No comments: