As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Today's events all centered around one thing -- Snickers' cousin's baby's first birthday.

And because more than just Snickers weren't the only ones to admit that they don't really like this particular family member and his little side family, our mission was to attack and demolish the buffet tables. Too many plates later, mission completed.
I don't mind him personally, though his father freaks me out and I think his other daughter is spoiled rotten to the core, but props to Snickers and other family members for admitting they don't like him -- I think that made me like them even more ironically enough. Mind ya, I found it rather silly to such an effort to even attend the birthday party. After all, attending the party meant a 3 hour drive to get Granny Kim for the party and a 3 hour drive to and from the party in Suwon. Oh, and after the party they all went back to Granny Kim's house... bringing today's travel time total to 8 hours. I opted out of going back to Granny Kim's house for the simple sake that it was a bit too much K-family drama for me. I feared overdosing... hahaha.

No comments: