As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, March 07, 2011

The Anemic and New Van Owner... Monday, March 7

A new job led to me getting labeled anemic while Snickers scored the label of the owner of a new van of a result of his new part time gig, nice. How does that work?!

Well, with regards to my label, this came about cause of the fact that I had to get a health check done for my daycare position. Snickers headed into the hospital today to pick up my results and that’s when he was bombarded with questions by an over concerned doctor; a doctor who insisted I come back in for more blood work.


I hate needles!!!

I was supposed to attend a training meeting today in Seoul but after both a teller and bus driver who I later found out weren’t listening to me, I ended up in Chungju – an hour and a half away. I fought the urge to have a freak out in the terminal and called my new boss. I explained the situation and he was more than understanding – thank God for a foreign boss!!! I would have shown up an hour and a half late for the 2 hour meeting and I had to get to Bundang to do prep work for my afternoon job. However, when I called Snickers to vent my frustration, he then informed me that the doctor was insisting me to come back to the hospital asap.

According to the doc, there were only two possible reasons for my low blood count. I was either pregnant or anemic. I dropped about a million shades when he noted this. I’m not pregnant but I don’t get how I can be anemic. The doctor explained that anemic means you’re low in red blood cells, so foods like eggs, leafy veggies and spinach call all up my iron intake and help. I had a good laugh at this though cause anyone that knows me knows I eat more than my share of eggs and I’m hardcore about eating healthy so I certainly get my greens in, especially my spinach.
So anyways, I did more testing and will have to come back for more results later this week.

As for Snickers and him having a total opposite of my day, he started a new part time job in the evenings and they gave him a company car – van actually.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
How did I get the bum-end of the deal today?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Life is one fool thing after another whereas love is two fool things after each other.
-- Oscar Wilde

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow congrats to sneakers ;)
hope everything's gonna be allright with u, iron-girl! it must be all right!

Fabi

권투선수 에이미 [Amy] said...

Hey Fabi,
Ya, Snickers is alright and I am too. The doctor put me on a daily iron pill so now I down a hot pink pill with my morning protein-packed pancake *^-^*