As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Never the Same Each Day... Thursday, March 17

I've seen my fair share of strange things but today, when Snickers and I headed out for a little day date, we couldn't help but note some strange things along our drive, like this four-wheeler. Dude was all decked out in off-roading gear, driving a 4-wheeler around downtown.


And then there was this stranger-than-strange green Smirf-like house we spotted off the side of some random country road. It's apparently a pension, which means people rent it out for the weekends and stay there with friends and family.

Not too sure who would rent out a green house though. I mean, if Snickers ever said "Hey honey, we're staying at a green house that looks like it puked up by a Smirf", I'd laugh at him and probably opt to sleep in the car or something.

Had a good laugh on the way home, talking about various strange things we saw. "Maybe we're the strange in someone's day today" I suggested to Snickers... hahaha. I think so. I'm sure we were the strange in the day of a couple of older men sitting outside the restaurant today who oversaw Snickers and walking down the street and punching each other in the tush. Oh, and let me tell ya, it hurt but for some deranged reason we think it's so funny.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
If the green house is up for renting, where are the Smirfs living then?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
-- Author Unknown

No comments: