As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Three Lefts and I'm Lost... Tuesday, March 8

Three left turns and I’m lost, my sense of directions are as simple and as silly as exactly that. I think I’ve become too dependent on Snickers’ GPS in Goldie and have been to use to being driven around cause today I got myself lost in Seoul.

I had a meeting in Seoul regarding my daycare position. I took an early bus, showed up extra early, and sat down to relax in the window of Starbucks. I thought I’d bring my new boss some coffee so but after I found out I had come out of the wrong subway exit, running down the street with two coffees in hand wasn’t exactly cool.

So much for my morning shower and arriving in Seoul early cause my one minor mistake turned into a big one with me arriving to the meeting twenty minutes late, all sweaty, and with splashes of coffee on the side of my jacket.

Thank God I’m working for one of the few foreign bosses in Korea, he’s already proven his awesomeness and today he totally excusing my lateness just reinforced it.

I’m really stoked about my new daycare job… it’s going to be fabulous! I can just feel it!!!

Now that Snickers and I are both working, time together is definitely limited. He works the night shift so he basically comes home when I’m waking up to go to work. Well, not quite. We lay together for about an hour and a half before my alarm clock goes buck style across the floor.

Today I only had my meeting in Seoul to attend to so after my meeting I raced back to Cheonan to spend time with my hubby.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Who wants a normal life anyways?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

-- Author Unknown

No comments: