As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

 I took this picture today and posted it as my Facebook page cover shot.
The ladies that come to my Flipside Fitness boxercise classes never cease to amaze me and remind me why I'm doing this.  I may not be changing the world but I'm sure I'm changing Cheonan or at least the world of some of these ladies as they also are changing me.  
I'm determined to get these women the due space and due weekday classes they're all so deserving of.  This is my mission and I'm so incredibly grateful to have a husband that shares my vision on this.
Snickers standing at the very place that could quite possibly make my dream come true -- the site of where we want to host our very own boxing club.
 It's a massive two-room place that we'll have to fight to get rezoned and then knock down some walls, but I can already see it coming together in my mind.  The doors beside Snickers open up to the balcony that looks over downtown Cheonan.  I've got plans to put our manager's desk there and Snickers has plans for hosting after training BBQs on the balcony.
 This was taken from downtown Cheonan, standing at the KB Bank.  The intersection is shaped like a star but if you look above the black vehicle crossing it, at the building, you'll see a large yellow building sign.  That door right above it would be our balcony door -- the door Snickers is standing beside in the previous shot.

No comments: