As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Ladies have Spoken... Sunday, November 25

Today I posted a survey on the Flipside Fitness Facebook page and had requested those who have participated in one of my boxercise classes to fill it in. There were about twenty questions and these were the ones that particularly stood out to me with regards to the results:

Q: How did you first hear about Flipside Fitness?
I thought the responses were quite interesting because two months ago I had spent a lot of time and effort posting flyers all around Cheonan.  I had posted about 500 flyers and that was just in one apartment building downtown.  

Q: Would ever attend a boxercise class hosted by Amy’s husband?
I honestly didn't think so many would say yes so I am very pleasantly surprised.  Having said this though, I think their answer would possibly change if I noted it was a male trainer, not specifically my hubby.  Most of the ladies are quite familiar with my man so I think they're comfortable with him.  That's cool but also very reassuring to me.

Please rate the following parts of the Flipside Fitness boxercise class – Amy as a trainer.
I got a lot of "very satisfactory" clicks but that one "ok"... hmmm... not sure how to change for that because no one eats, sleeps, and breaths boxing as much as me here in Cheonan and I really think I bring my passion for it and my high interest in health to class.

Please rate the following parts of the Flipside Fitness boxercise class – class times/days available.
Definitely understand this but, until we get our own boxing club, it's impossible to host any weekday classes besides early morning.  Perhaps I'll start offering morning classes again, see if the interest picks up.

Please rate the following parts of the Flipside Fitness boxercise class – energy and atmosphere of the class.
I'm not too sure who clicked "ok" but that's ok, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I respect that.  I for one will say that the energy level of the class definitely depends on two key factors:  the time of the class and number of participants.  My Sunday early evening class usually has a high attendance and given the time of day, I find myself overly hyper at this class and it always being my longest class.  One Sunday the ladies were with me for about 2.5hrs (1hr training + 1.5hr for post-training meal and socializing).

Q: What is your favourite part of boxercise?
Quite surprised to see someone likes the skipping part so much, most definitely don't.  I think ALL my advanced gals picked padwork; they all rock it.

Q: Do you know you're pretty fabulous?
I love it how many answered yes and I'm hoping more come to the realization that they are.  Moreover, I'm hoping that I played a part in others checking off "I'm not sure but so I've been told" because I really do think they're fabulous!

No comments: