As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, December 01, 2012

A Van Jam-Packed with Fabulocity... Saturday, December 1


It’s anticipated to be a super busy weekend, with lots of women and an ultra high level of estrogen and today I kicked it off with 8:30 morning Advanced boxercise. In the early afternoon we loaded up the Flipside Fitness van, Snickers jumped in the driver’s seat, and many of the Flipside females jumped in too. 

ADIDAS Run!!!

It was a long overdue shopping spree on Adidas gear but it was definitely a good one.  Together, we spent over a million won (that’s about $1000CDN) so I’m sure for the next month or so the gals will be heading out to training in new threads. 

With Snickers as our driver and hours on the road, it was quite hilarious how he jumped into all the girl talk.   I won’t spill the juicy beans about our conversations but I think Snickers loved it.  “Foreign women... they think like no one” he commented to me and by that I think he means they think like no one he’s ever met, which I suppose would be a compliment.  Yes, we’ll take it as a compliment. 

The event ended well after the sun had gone down and we capped it off by showing them where we want to put our new proposed boxing club.  I was so excited to show them the location and they seemed pretty enthusiastic about it.  Snickers and I have huge plans for this place so I really want them to like it.  I know both Snickers and I are in love with the place – it’s perfect!  

No comments: