As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, September 06, 2014

Boxing From Start to Finish

Here's MY Pacquiao watching THE Pacquiao on the tele today as he took on and took down his opponent.
Headed out for a movie date with my man, Snickers.  It caught our attention because it starred Morgan Freeman but it lost our attention with just how far fetched and silly the story line escalated.
"We should have stayed home and watched more boxing," I told him.
Later on, much later after the movie, dinner out followed, as did more boxing.
Here's us with our table number, waiting and watching early flicks of Mike Tyson.
These plastic things arrived at our table and our true maturity level revealed itself when we played a little game of "name this thing"... hahaha.
Turns out they're for getting a good, clean grip on your ribs.
Holy cheese... holy ribs!!! I stuck with inhaling the ribs -- best ribs in Cheonan!!!
Tonight's dinner table discussion, my training and signing me for an upcoming fight.
Later in the evening, long after our date was over and done with, we relaxed.  Snickers with his comics and me with my online scrabble game.
At midnight we received a text from our boxing buddy in Busan.  He's now back in Thailand for both business and pleasure but he thought he'd check in on me with my training and give Snickers a bit of an extra push with my coaching.  He's got a boxing-related business opportunity in Thailand and I've offered to travel down to help him out.

No comments: