As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, September 05, 2014

The Start, End and Some In Between of My Day

This is exactly how my day started, with a strong cup of coffee and my protein-packed pancake with mushed up fresh strawberries in the middle.
I was pleasantly surprised with a box of grapes today, from one of the local residents whom we let park in our parking lot -- last night one of our Hulkies gave us a box of grapes too.  Then today, during work, another Hulkie brought us in some special tea.  It's a mix of grains.
It was rather slow today so I let my four-legged friends take turn managing the club with me.
In the evening we had a little surprise birthday party for one of my mini Hulkies who has become more like a little assistant to me.  She was all giggles and smiles when she came to Hulk's today and discovered the gift I had put together for her.
And this is how I ended my late evening, watching three fire trucks and all their men clear out the local CGV park area and put out a fire.  Nothing like a neighbouring fire to leave you rather on edge until it's over!

No comments: