As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

The Next Space... Tuesday, August 21

Despite it being a holiday, my personal training client and two of my BGC BoxHIIT ladies were all for training so I busied myself coaching them.  It was an 8am boxing session with my PT client and then a 6pm boxing session with my BoxHIIT gals.  In between, I had stuff to do for Empowered like go see a possible location and work on my Lil' Sistas Project.

Possible place in Poblacion that I was leaning on,.. yeah, it's a no go.  Too small.

Tomorrow's BoxHIIT Camp here in Poblacion,... yeah, also a no go.  No one signed up.

I was a bit discouraged by the two unexpected results but in a way kind of relieved too.  It's hard to get people to sign up for the Poblacion camp, or any camp for that matter, because everyone has a different schedule.  Evening camps have to be after work but not too much later after work because if they go home first as oppose to coming straight from work, you risk them cancelling because they've settled in for the evening.  Best time is to get them right after work.  Give them a little time just to leave work and get there.  As for mornings though, that's a whole other story.  I have my Poblacion camp at 9am when really probably 8am or 7am would have been better.  It takes me an hour to get out there though so getting there for 7am is b-r-u-t-a-l and, in my books, 8am is really no better.  I also have it lined up that I coach one of my PT clients there, about 30 minutes after the camp finishes, and then I go straight to boxing.  Doing a camp at 9am means I leave my place around 7:40am and don't get back till about 4pm.  That means I carry any equipment needed for the camp, for my client, and for my own boxing, and I also have to carry two meals on me because I can't do all this running on empty.  I definitely have to at least have one more meal before my boxing.  My own training with Coach Marcelo goes anywhere from 2 to 2.5 hours and that's basically impossible if all I've put in my tummy is the morning's breakfast.

I'm not really so discouraged by there being no one signed up for my Poblacion camp because it's been leading me to get more personal training clients.  Camps actually do bring me in more income but personal training clients give me more of a sense of satisfaction.  They're more committed to their training than those who tend to come to my group training sessions, especially the camps, and the proof is in the fact that my personal training clients are never late.  They're committed.  I respect that and I definitely appreciate that.  They're committed and that only makes me all that more committed to them.  

Poblacion isn't doing too much for me, for Empowered, but BGC definitely has a lot of potential. 

Next on my list, visit some potential places in BGC.  I really want to take this to the next level.

No comments: