As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, January 05, 2020

Holiday Mode Off... Sunday, January 5

My last day in Canada and I wanted to do absolutely nothing but breath it all in and enjoy doing absolutely nothing until I had to leave.  I say that because I don't know when the next time I'll be here.  I went to the Philippines thinking I'd be there for 3 months and now look at me, been there for almost 3 years now.  Same thing with Korea.  I went there for 1 year and stayed 11.5 years.  That was totally not planned. 

My life has never gone as planned and thank you God for that because it never would have become this badass cool life if I had stuck to my plan. 

I didn't do much today.  Hit the condo gym for a bit, did some laundry, and then caught up on my homepage before then sitting down to do a few hours of work on Empowered.  I've launched a couple of ads on social media, both Facebook and Instagram.  Social media in the Philippines is like social media here in Canada except for on steroids and perhaps a bit obsessive.  I haven't been able to take any phone calls or post stuff as much in the present now as I would have had I been in the Philippines so posting ads was the best way for me to stay present in the Philippines without literally being present there. 

After a full day of occupying my friend's couch, working on my homepage and work, I then was treated to a slice of pizza and then taken to the airport.  Not before one last hug from a friend that is.  Arrived right on time for my 10:30pm flight and was told it had been delayed.  

Delayed 4.5 hours, which meant I then had 6.5 hours to kill in the airport. 

Popped open my laptop, used my voucher from the airline to stock up on coffee and chocolate covered espresso beans, and then for the next chunk of hours I worked.

Vacation was officially over, right there in the Toronto Pearson Airport.

No comments: