As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Wednesday, November 15

1. Woke up today super pumped about my big job interview. I left the house having a great hair day and all hyper!
2. Holy freakish weather! One minute it was sunny, the next minute it was raining and then it’d change to windy and cloudy. Please, God make up your mind!
3. I’m convinced my elementary school’s motto is “more work, less heat”! As I walked into my elementary classroom it felt like it was below zero and I was sure I’d be able to see my breath when I talked. Had my poor little students not worked as hard as they did I’m sure they would have froze to death. Their working brains were the only thing that saved them…ㅋㅋㅋ
4. Maybe they’re trying to simulate Canada for me within my classroom…ㅋㅋㅋ
5. I’ve been feeling a bit under the weather lately but today confirmed it. After my first class in the freezing classroom, I could notice my voice changing. I was quickly loosing my voice. The kids all thought it was funny though and I’m sure they thought I was joking around but I obviously wasn’t. It was painful trying to talk.
6. In attempt to help my students warm up, we played lots of indoor English games and then us girls gave each other group hugs during free time…ㅋㅋㅋ.
7. Today was the day of the big university interview (or so it was suppose to be) and so I left school right after my fourth class. Some of my elementary kids waited with me for the taxi and wished me good luck.
8. I won’t get into the details of today’s fall-out but the interview never happened as planned (all due to an arguement... let's just leave it at that) and so I was put into the awkward position of having to explain this to Wonder Woman who had set me up with the interview. I was completely crushed. It was suppose to be such an important day but turned into quite an emotional day instead.
9. You’re right Ryan… I am crazy. I must be crazy if I’m still hanging with you! Thank you. A word of the wise though, think before you speak. Your words are more powerful than you realize.
10. Today was such a disappointment and to make matters worse, by 5pm I had totally lost my voice. I’m glad you were amused though Kim Tae by my squiky monster voice. ㅋㅋㅋ I, on the other hand, was in pure pain every time I tried to utter out a word.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What's next?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.
-- Thomas Jefferson

No comments: