As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Highlights of my Day... Friday, January 12

1. I’d like to start off today’s entry with apologizing to Kim Tae. Yesterday I had said something to him that I shouldn’t have. I knew it’d bother him a bit but I didn’t realize just how much it actually hurt him. Today I woke up and discovered a letter from him. I am sorry Kim Tae.
2. Had a msn marathon, or so it seemed. So many of my friends were online today and so I choose to only talk to my dad, my dear Maria, and Davey-Boy. Unfortunetly, they were all online at the same time and so this meant I was busy having three conversations at once…ha, ha, ha.
3. My dad and me talked about my strange neighbour’s and the notorious bowling ball. When I was little I had found a bowling ball and apparently carried it around with me a lot. However, I can’t seem to live this story down cause my neighbours can’t seem to forget it. Every time they tell the story, things get embellished… I get smaller and the bowling ball grows in size. Go figure! I haven’t had that bowling ball for years and yet it’s still the conversation starter among my neighbours!
4. My dear Maria. It’s always great chatting with her. We’ve never actually met in person but share one common passion… Korean men, and how we love them so much! Secrets and juicy girl talk is always splashed across our msn screen when we talk.... and I love it!
5. ... And then I talked to Davey-Boy. He’s a fellow Canadian whom I use to work with at SLP (hagwan) last year. We talked about Korea, life, love and hopes. He was like a big brother to me and now that he’s gone, I really realize how much I needed his advice this year. Dude… you can definitely count me in on your wedding.. July 2008. I’ll be there with bells on!
6. On my way to my doctor's appointment, I had a string of bad luck! First I broke the heel of my boot and almost killed my ankle. I was in a rush and so instead of going home, I decided to buy the cheapest pair of shoes I could buy at the local shoe store.... BUT... I didn't realize how thick my socks were and so when I took my socks off (after already buying them) my feet kept on falling out!!! Then, if that wasn't bad enough, I ended up taking a ride from the strangest of strange taxi drivers. Every time we stopped at a light, he'd pluck out the white hairs from his head. It was quite revolting! I had tried to hint for him to stop but he ignored me. Jokes on him though, I left my stinky socks in the back of his cab... ㅋㅋㅋ.
7. Kim Tae was definitely amused with my shoes and how I struggled walking. Finally I had had enough. I took off my shoes and ran to my doctor's appointment. There I was... a foreign woman running barefoot down the street in the middle of January in Korea.
8. Finally was able to give Sue her Christmas present. She’s only 7 (well now Korean 8) but she had asked me to teach her how to play chess. So, my Christmas gift to her was a chess set. She loved it! She picked up pretty quickly on how to play and… oh my gosh… I can’t believe I had a draw with an 8 year old!!!
9. Mi-Nam had another weekly appointment with the pet store and so we cruised on over in style…. me, sporting my stylish leather/fur jacket and he sporting his super hip, ultra cute red polo jacket. His mother once again greeted us with curious eyes but this time I decided not to let him down for so long. Last time she freaked me out with her rough play. I felt sad for her though because I have her son and, just recently, her daughter was sold. Now she has no babies.
10. Received Mi-Nam’s official registered papers… sooo cool! These papers are super important and will be his ticket to Canada one day. I’ve never seen a dog’s registered papers before and so it was really interesting. They tell about Mi-Nams’ family tree: who his parents, grand parents, and even who his great grand grandparents are. They noted that he’s a purebred, born on October 9th (so he’s just turned 3 months!) and his English name is “Tomboy”…cool.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
If dogs express happiness by wagging their tag, show fear by downing their ears, than is it possible for them to cry?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...

A dog has lots of friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue.
-- Author Unknown

No comments: