As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, April 04, 2013

Excuses, I'm sick and tired of them.  I take a no-excuse stance when it comes to health and fitness.  You either want it or you don't and trust me, if you want it (or anything else in life for that matter), no ifs, ands, or buts will stop you.
 Someone busier than you is running right now -- I am one of those busier persons.
Running my own fitness company and doing personal training, I've heard pretty much every excuse in the book and I've come to the conclusion that EVERYONE has an excuse and my excuse is that I'm sick of their excuses. 
TUESDAY'S CHALLENGE: run 10km, keeping the pacing under 5min/km.
Mission successfully completed.

My pacing is usually just a little over 5min/km.  I thought that was impressive but my sponsor wants more, correction, my sponsor expects more.
TONIGHT'S CHALLENGE: short weighed run, beat my timing by keeping it under 5min/km. 
Another mission successfully completed.

1 comment:

Marc said...

Seriously Am, do you run at midnight? Are you not nervous running outside that late by yourself?