As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, October 18, 2013

A New Girl is Here and She's from the Dark Side... Friday, October 18

Not really sure who exactly reads my homepage here and how many of you are friends/family of mine on Facebook, but many of you may be asking, "Why didn't you post about your new "baby" you got yesterday?"
 
Good question.
 
Yesterday, at the wee time of 2:57am, we welcomed the safe arrival of our new four-wheeled little Korean girl -- it was a very much anticipated arrival.  Weighing in a just a bit under 2000kg, she can hardly be called a "little girl" but she's absolutely beautiful.  With her smooth white, glossy outer shine, black leather interior, push-button start-up, and two sunroofs, she's quite the fully loaded lady.  And today we finally settled on an appropriate name for her, Monroe Frost.  Monroe for short.  Both Gangsta Gotti and Frankenstein-G welcomed their new beautiful sister Monroe with happy humming motors as this means no more chilly weather rides for them.  Frankenstein-G will go soon for winter hibernation. 
 
On a sad note however, the arrival of this new one to our mechanical half of the family means goodbyes for one member -- Gangsta Gotti.  Unfortunately Gangsta Gotti has lived to see his last fall and his motor is no longer dependable anymore.  He's had one too many crashes, broken parts and push-overs, and having to walk him from place to place instead of my usual fly from place to place is not good.  We'll be laying him to rest hopefully before the winter, aka selling him for parts.  This will not be the end of my fascination and love for two-wheeled friends, gosh no.  Next spring we hope to adopt another two-wheeled member and hopefully stick with adopting from the Honda blood line again. 
 
As for our new arrival though and why I didn't post about her yesterday, I still can't really post about her actually.  Well, that's not entirely true.  I can post about Monroe, I just can't publicly post her picture on my public homepage just yet.  Let's just say there's been "minor complications" with her previous owner, complications as in him tracking us down, barging into our boxing club and stalking our club until Snickers returned.  She's got a dark, complicated past.  Ya... scary stuff. 
 
Did we steal her, you ask.  No, but can I seriously upper cut you for thinking such nonsense?!!!
 
We were given Monroe by a sponsor but not all her loose paper ties were tied before she was handed over to us, that's basically as simple as I can put it.  In about 15 days, when she is legally fully ours and only ours, I can post her beautiful picture here on my homepage and let you all bask in her glory and stunning good looks.  But for now, Monroe will have to stay MIA from the camera because there's one mad previous owner trying to... well... kidnap her, it's true.  I wouldn't be able to make this up even if I tried, seriously.  The story is crazy silly and its' leading characters are two scruffy dudes that traveled four hours to intimidate us into giving her up.  We did nothing illegal but we both know their intentions are.  Monroe is not theirs anymore and they've seriously picked the wrong couple to try to intimidate.  Perhaps I should try to intimidate them back.  I should tell them my husband punches buses... hahaha!!!

No comments: