As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, October 21, 2013

Can't Deny It, It was Just Meant to Be

 A couple of years back Snickers discovered this picture and I was instantly sold on the fact that we are meant to be together.
The three guys being focused in this picture is Snickers and two of his buddies, one of which is his best friend.  But if you look in the background, you'll see me -- me, my former boyfriend (Q), a former student of mine, former coworker from Dankook, a boxing buddy of mine, and a former teammate (Panty Boy Jr.).  Snickers had no idea that when this picture was taken that it'd be filled with his future wive's friends but how awesome is that?!  Pretty darn cool.
 Today I stumbled across this picture, taken at the same fight -- my first fight.  I've seen this picture at least a dozen times but only today did I realize that in the background of it is Snickers, his best buddy and K-Gere (my father-in-law). 
So we've got two pictures, both focusing on two different people but both pictures snapping shots of the two of us... very cool.
And here's the irony of it all.  Snickers no longer is just a random spectator at my fights, nor am I at his.  Instead, here he is acting as my assistant corner coach but now he's my ONLY coach.  Talk about a pleasant ironic turn of events.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,

I admire how much you put yourself out there and make things happen in your life but it's also nice to read this post and think somethings are meant to be. ^^