As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Heating Hulk's with some Great Positive Energy

I'm just so proud of this guy, seriously so proud!!!
He came to train at Hulk's because of a knee surgery and the physiotherapy that kept him here in Cheonan at his parents house.  He's a 17 year old professional judo fighter we had but only one month to bounce him back and to do strength and conditioning with... and HE WON!!!
Success comes to those absolutely determined to get it.
And I'm proud of these guys too.
Tonight we had some intense sparring action  --- Snickers vs. Kato, Boy Champ vs. WOW President.  After sparring, we sat down after to watch their recorded sparring session on TV.
It's always a different perspective when you're on the outside of the ring looking in so we've been recording our sparring, to let those inside the ring step outside and see themselves.
And then there's more learning to be taught -- going over what moves to try, weaknesses they need to make their strengths and so forth.
 I tried to break the seriousness of tonight's sparring dissection by breaking out the funny faces.
What a night.
They kept themselves warm by sparring and I kept myself by snuggling;)
Ended up throwing one of our spontaneous late night chicken parties because those who train together stick together... and often eat together too;)
Train mean, eat clean, get lean.

No comments: