As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Moving On... Sunday, October 27

I've got bigger fish to fry than to be distracted anymore by Friday's article or anyone who wants to continue attacking me over it.  It's all been blown out of proportion more than it should be but they've got another thing coming if they think they've wounded me.  Hello, I've made a living out of getting punched in the head, I think I can handle some silly comments from people I don't know.  And the fact that they think their ignorant comments have wounded me only serves to prove just how ignorant they are about who I am.  My mother didn't raise a fool, she made me as stubborn as a Polish girl comes, and my father raised me to be sound in my beliefs.  Give them a few months, a year at that, and such ignorants will be gone from Korea, on to being someone else's headache.  Until then, I'll be using their comments to fuel my training and make myself stronger.
 
Moving on...
 
5 days until Pacquiao's 1st birthday.
13 days until my "Next Time" 10km race.
14 days until we figure out if Pyen Chi is pregnant.
23 days until I have to do Round Two of the Plank Challenge.

Pyen Chi possibly pregnant?!  Yes, that's what I wrote.  I walked in to apparently a scene from the National Geography Channel playing out right in my family room.  It featured Pacquiao and Pyen Chi, and was accompanied by a very confused Balbao and equally confused me.  I felt quite violated having had seen it and having Goggled "what to do if a dog's penis gets stuck in another dog".  Who was I to know that them being attached butt-to-butt with both standing backwards was anything natural.  Didn't look natural to me! 
 
Ahhhhh... enough about that.  Even trying to joke about it grosses me out.  I don't think I'll be able to look at Pyen Chi for awhile.  Now I know why fathers joke about wanting to greet every boy with a gun. 

In other news, I think my new sparring partner walked into the club today.  I don't know too much about him beyond the fact that he's not Korean but he didn't know English well enough so we stood for about 20 minutes talking in Korean together.  With a long list of questions about sparring -- how many boxers spar here, when do we have sparring, what's our sparring equipment like, etc. -- I lite up because of his excitement.  He ended our lengthy conversation by giving me a chocolate from his home country, promising me he'll be back this week and matching my big smile with his.  I've got big plans for this guy if he comes back, key word being "if".  I've already sized him up.  Standing in at about the same height as me and only a couple of kilos more than me, he's got numerous years of sparring experience that I am very much interested in testing out. 

I've been very interested in making Sundays our club's main sparring day but I am all that more eager to put this into effect now as I am also interested in making a weekly group meal together on Sundays. 

No comments: